Be A Unicorn & Live Life On the Bright Side by Sarah Ford Review // Book Review

Halo! So, this is the first time ever of me reviewing a book I've read :v I decided to post more about my review of books I've read since I have some books and I wanna share with you what I think about them. I'll start the review with the book titled as you can see on this post's title. I bought it on December at Periplus in Ubud. I'd been drooling the book since November and I kept myself for not buying the book until I finish my final test with relief feeling :v, kind of a reward of what I did for finishing my final test.

Here is the book




Now here is my review;)

1. COVER
The cover is actually the main reason why I put my eyes on the book; IT'S PINK AND UNICORN! My two favourite things. The unicorn is also not too much, it looks like an usual and natural drawing of unicorn. The title is placed well at the top of the book with a simple font, it makes the cover not looking overrated. I don't know what paper is being used for the cover, but it makes me comfortable handing the book, it's really soft.

2. CONTENT
Based on the description that's being put on the back of the book, the main content is about self improvement. And when I first opened the book I was right, it's about self improvement full of positivity. But, what's unique with the book is that it uses unicorn as the subject not human. As the title "Be a Unicorn", this book tells me about how "unicorn" keeps its life so positive and full of joy. The book is started with some notes before reading the whole book and I think the most important note by the author is the "not for nonbelievers" note;). 

This book includes 10 rules by Unicorn for having a good life. Of course, the rules are all about positivity and simple yet important thing to do in life that are sometimes being forgotten by humans. That's why it's called the unicorn's rules since humans are too busy with I don't know what that makes them forget to even love themselves. 

The rest until the last pages contain positive sentences or I think they could be called as quotes with illustrations completed the quotes. The words are not complicated to be understood, they are all easy to be read and caught. The best way to read the book, for me, is by reading them slowly and think and feel them. Skipping the pages as each page only has a sentence is a bad idea for me because every pages have its own meaning and I think all of us will have different way in seeing the essence of every sentence. 

This is my favourite one


Well, although the book consists positive and simple sentences only, it makes me feel fresh, well bad word, I don't have any proper word to explain my feeling while reading it. I'll use fresh then to explain what I feel when reading it :p. The illustrations boost my mood also, again, although they are made in a simple way. 

3. FINAL RATING
I give 9 of 10 for the fresh words, comfortable for handing the book, the eyegasm illustrations  good quality of the papers, cute size, and some words that I fail to catch the essence, yeah since English is not my mother tongue :(. Overall, I love this book since I'm a fan of unicorn. This book is perfect for humans as humans easily forget how to live. Us humans have to start living like a unicorn!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's all my simple review, I'm still learning on how to express my evaluation of books;D. 

Almost forget, the price in rupiah for the book was 117.000 when I bought it.



<3 Thank you for reading, hlavya.


Comments

  1. Cute review for beginner, keep on making this sort of content! luv

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wkwkwkwk thankyuu, I will (kalo ada duit buat beli buku) luv

      Delete

Post a Comment