Merry Riana: Million Dollar Dream by Alberthiene Endah Review // Book Review

I hope that I'm not too late to talk about this women, Merry Riana, since her name had appeared in every where since a long time ago. I actually got this book on 2018, A YEAR AGO. My only purpose to buy it was not to get inspired or anything, but was simply to train my English skill. So, with that simple purpose, the book wasn't interesting for me. I put it in my book shelf for a long time until I felt the need of some motivation or just some entertainment  in the middle of my struggle in college. And so I found the book, dusty, read it, fell in love with it. Anyway, I have done some book reviews here and I think that I want to change the content. I will no longer talk about the cover, well I will if the cover is interesting or even yuck, but the point is I will not make a special room to only talk about the cover. I want to talk more about how I value the book or just  to tell you what I feel when reading the book, simply to share what I've read;). Well, here is my newest version on reviewing a book.



-

The book written by Alberthiene Endah tells the struggle of Merry Riana living by her own in Singapore. Merry Riana really proves the power of motivation and hard work and she is also being the proof of what I have always believed. I believe that we can do what we want IF WE WANT TO and we should not be limited by the score we got in the paper. I live in environment that strongly believe people can do something because they're already smart, because they're already talented. Well, yes us human have biological factors BUT HEY IT'S NOT EVERY THING. We still have our mental state, motivation and mindset for example, that we can control to achieve what we want or even to at least give a try to do something. Reading her story gives me more power to be more positive about life and my self. I become more aware about my self, accepting what I can not do, and grateful for the presence of God in every thing I do.


After reading this book, I feel like my head is going to be explode because of thinking what kind of future I want to have. I have that thought because Merry Riana really planned her future so well in SUCH A YOUNG AGE and yes she got it, achieving financial freedom at the age of 26:'D. For some nights, I couldn't sleep because my mind kept working and working on figuring what I want to have and to be in the future and how I get them. Even though the field that Merry Riana walks on is business, but I think the concept is applicable for achieving something in every aspect.

One interesting part from the book is how beautiful Merry Riana shared about her love story. She made me more realize the importance of a positive partner who can give you the best support  instead of the best flower.

I finally finished this book in SUCH A LONG TIME, shame on me. Sometimes, it was hard for me to start reading the book again because I really need a high attention while reading it because, yes darling, it's written in English and I am not that good in English : D. But, when I started reading it, I really enjoyed the feeling like reading someone's diary lol. It's a good progress for me to read and finish a nonfiction book in English tho', I appreciate my self for that hehe.

I love how the writer put the story into the papers, I even cried on some chapters, and I of course love how positive Merry Riana was and is. One important thing I got that Merry Riana, through this book, can grow your growth mindset. I think it is one of the most important aspect that we can grow to achieve what we want. Anyway, what is growth mindset if you may ask, well go find it by your self;).

---
That's all about what I feel and think about this book, highly recommended for every one, well especially for students to start think about your future and be positive about it. THIS BOOK IS  A MUST TO READ IF YOU FEEL YOU CAN ONLY EAT AND SLEEP IN THIS HUGE UNIVERSE.

<3 Thank you for reading, bhy hlavya. 

Comments